This video cover:
- The basic requirements to develop a service;
- the sequences used as the 'work horse' for fetal MRIU and additional sequences and their value;
- how to optimise the sequences for your own scanner;
- tips and tricks of how to get the best images;
- indications for fetal MR; reporting fetal MR;
- indications for placental MR;
- reporting placental MRI;
- value of the MDT;
- the importance of follow up of cases.
At the end of the video, the participants should have an idea of how to set up a good quality service, develop the skills to obtain high quality images and to report the images. They will also know where to seek help and how to further their service development with respect to Obstetric MRI in relation to clinical work.1 CPD credit
Watch the video and complete the online self-reflection form. Go to "My events" to download your certificate.
You must login to watch the video and receive CPD.
Dr Elspeth Whitby
Dr Elspeth Whitby is a senior lecturer and Hon. Consultant Radiologist in Sheffield. Her main interest is obstetric MRI imaging and she runs a national service. Her research interests are based around fetal and placental MR imaging. She is keen to support interest in radiology in general and supports the medical school radiology society, teaches on the medical school curriculum, supervises BMed Sci, MD and PhD students as well as serving on the RCR academic committee.