This is a virtual inaugural meeting for the BIR bringing together national and international experts sharing experiences and expertise in a very wide range of aspects for today’s cutting-edge radiotherapy and oncology. The latest techniques, technologies, methods and issues will be discussed in this comprehensive meeting taking place over two days. Opportunities aplenty for networking with fellow professionals and discussing the latest offerings from manufacturers.
Who should watch?
This event will appeal to anyone working within radiotherapy and oncology including clinical oncologists, radiographers, physicists, service managers, Linac and IT engineers, dosimetrists, manufacturers and department heads.
Five reasons to watch:
1. Enhance your knowledge
2. Hear expert opinion and share your own
3. Refresh your understanding
4. Share your own research
5. Network with colleagues, peers and industry representatives
This event was chaired by Dr Mike Kirby.
11 CPD credits
- Professor Jean Bourhis, Chief of Radiation Oncology Services, Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV)
- Professor Christopher Nutting, Professor of Radiation Oncology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London
- Professor Markus Stock, Head of Medical Physics, MedAustron
- Dr Andrew McPartlin, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- John P Christodouleas, SVP of Medical Affairs and Clinical Research Linac-Based Radiotherapy, Elekta
- Mr Hasan Jouni, Business Development Manager – Digital Health Services, Siemens Healthineers
- Professor Michael Baumann, Chairman and Scientific Director, German Cancer Research Centre
- Dr Kenji Takeda, Director of Health and AI Partnerships (Academic), Microsoft Research
- Dr Gareth Price, Clinical Scientist, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Philippe Lambin, Head of Department of Radiation Oncology, Maastricht University
- Mr Adrian Fleet, Clinical Application Specialist, Sun Nuclear
- Dr Helen McNair, Lead Research Radiographer, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Charles Kelly, Clinical Oncologist, Northern Centre for Cancer Care
- Professor Marcel van Herk, Chair in Radiotherapy Physics, University of Manchester
- Professor Heidi Probst, Professor of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Sheffield Hallam University
- Professor Robert Huddart, Lead of Clinical Academic Radiotherapy and Chief Investigator of RAIDER Trial, Institute of Cancer Research
- Lina Andersson, PhD Student, Technical University of Denmark (Herlev Hospital)
- Miriam Eckl, Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology, University Medical Centre Mannheim
- Ms Rebecca Lynn, Sales Specialist, Varian
Watch the video and complete the online self-reflection form. Go to "My events" to download your certificate. You must login to watch the video and receive CPD.